Welcome to Ashland Art Works!
5 galleries and sculpture garden
Summer Hours (April – December)
Wednesday & Sunday: 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
Thursday, Friday, & Saturday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Closed Monday and Tuesday
Winter Hours (January – March)
February 1 – March 30, our hours are:
Thursday, Friday, & Saturday 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
Closed Sunday – Wednesday
Holiday closures: We will be closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day.
AAW is home to these outstanding local artists:
- Elin Babcock’s assemblage, jewelry, & paintings
- Marydee Bombick’s functional and garden pottery
- Elizabeth Ellingson’s earthy, hand-fabricated sterling silver jewelry
- Tamara Enz’s photos of wild places and intimate natural patterns
- Suzanne Etienne’s joyful paintings
- Michael Gibson’s painting in post-impressionists’ style
- Cheryl Kempner’s jewelry, garden art & Crazy Clay Birds
- Claudia Law’s textile creations
- Bonnie Morgan’s decorative and functional pottery
- George Popa’s dimensional wire sculptures
- Lorene Senesac’s raku sculpture & wall reliefs
- Connie Simonsen’s handpainted silk scarves
- Angelique Stewart’s functional and stylish weavings
- John Weston’s fine woodwork & cutting boards
Whimsical Assemblage and Patterned Ceramics
Featured this month are Elin Babcock, assemblage artist and painter, and ceramic artist Marydee Bombick. First Friday at Ashland Art Works will feature music by the Ashland Taiko Drummers.
Elin Babcock presents Circles, Cogs and Wheels with her whimsical assemblage sculptures. Repurposing found objects, broken instruments and welded metal, she creates an imaginary world. Lyrical Abstract paintings will also be included in her Featured show. Color is woven and overlaid throughout the canvas as forms appear and blend together.
Marydee Bombick, ceramic artist, will present a wide variety of individually patterned handmade platters and plates, both large and small, for every occasion. Multi-sectioned vases are presented to display your garden’s beauty. Even a single bloom will look lovely in one of the many bud vases – whimsical, carved, or twisted.
Artist Reception – First Friday
August 3, 2018
5:00 pm to 8:00 pm