Welcome to Ashland Art Works!
5 galleries and sculpture garden
Summer Hours (April – December)
Wednesday & Sunday: 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
Thursday, Friday, & Saturday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Closed Monday and Tuesday
Winter Hours (January – March)
February 1 – March 30, our hours are:
Thursday, Friday, & Saturday 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
Closed Sunday – Wednesday
Holiday closures: We will be closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day.
AAW is home to these outstanding local artists:
- Elin Babcock’s assemblage, jewelry, & paintings
- Marydee Bombick’s functional and garden pottery
- Elizabeth Ellingson’s earthy, hand-fabricated sterling silver jewelry
- Tamara Enz’s photos of wild places and intimate natural patterns
- Suzanne Etienne’s joyful paintings
- Michael Gibson’s painting in post-impressionists’ style
- Cheryl Kempner’s jewelry, garden art & Crazy Clay Birds
- Claudia Law’s textile creations
- Bonnie Morgan’s decorative and functional pottery
- George Popa’s dimensional wire sculptures
- Lorene Senesac’s raku sculpture & wall reliefs
- Connie Simonsen’s handpainted silk scarves
- Angelique Stewart’s functional and stylish weavings
- John Weston’s fine woodwork & cutting boards
Joyful Art Quilts and Pottery
Featured this month are Claudia Law, an internationally recognized art quilter, and ceramic artist Bonnie Morgan, who specializes in decorative and functional pottery. “Rodeo Flyer”, an eclectic country, rock & roll, blues band, will play on first Friday.
Claudia Law is an internationally recognized art quilter and teacher, who has a seriously joyful relationship with fabric and nature. Claudia’s vision is to capture the beauty of nature and power of good design. She revels in color and rejoices in texture, movement, luminosity, and the illusion of transparency – using paints, fibers, folded raw-edged fabric applique, beading, fabric confetti, thread sketching, free-motion quilting, and 3-D fabric motifs as needed – to bring life to each unique creation.
Bonnie Morgan focuses on decorative and functional pottery. Currently she has been working on a series of teapots, covered jars, and serving platters. Porcelain and white stoneware and are her favorite clays to work with on the potter’s wheel and in hand building. Developing new glazes continues to be an interest and challenge that inspires excitement with each kiln opening.
Artist Reception – First Friday
July 6, 2018
5:00 pm to 8:00 pm