ASHLAND ART WORKS on Oak Street
291 Oak St, Ashland, Oregon 541-488-4735
SUMMER HOURS: Open Wednesdays and Sundays 11AM to 3PM, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays 10AM to 5PM. Closed Mondays and Tuesdays.
Welcome to Ashland Art Works!_________________________
5 GALLERIES AND THE SCULPTURE GARDEN:
As always, you will be more than pleased by our selection of Fine Art and Crafts.
AAW is home to these outstanding local artists…
- AAW is home to these outstanding local artists…
- Elin Babcock’s assemblage, jewelry, & paintings
- Marydee Bombick’s functional and garden pottery
- Suzanne Etienne’s joyful paintings
- Michael Gibson’s painting in post impressionists’ style
- Cheryl Kempner’s jewelry, garden art & Crazy Clay Birds
- Claudia Law’s textile creations
- Daniel Loch’s photography
- Bonnie Morgan’s decorative and functional pottery
- George Popa’s dimensional wire sculptures
- Lorene Senesac’s raku sculpture & wall reliefs
- Connie Simonsen’s handpainted silk scarves
- Angelique Stewarts functional and stylish weavings
- John Weston’s fine woodwork & cutting boards
This month Ashland Art Works features new work by Michael Gibson: Surrealistic Winescapes with homage to Dali and Chirico. “I had fun with this series,” says Gibson. “I got into their heads, appreciating the originality of their compositions, use of color and love of life.
Michael’s style is unique and at the same time inspired by works of post-impressionist artists. He received his BFA from Houston Museum of Fine Arts. He has worked as a designer, art director and taught life drawing, illustration, painting, graphic design and photography at Art Institute of Houston and
the Art Institute of Seattle.